IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR FIT TEST:
1. Candidates must be clean shaven within 16 hours as per the CSA Standards.
2. Please remove facial jewelry or other items that come between the skin and respirator.
3. Fit tests are done on an exact make and model of respirator(s). Therefore, you will need to secure enough stock to ensure you’ll have access to the respirator you wish to be fit-tested on.
4. Candidates are required to provide their own respirator(s) to be fit-tested on. If it is an N95/P95/R95 Particulate Respirator that you’re looking to be fit-tested on, we recommend bringing at least two makes/models in case one is not a fit.
5. Candidates should not eat, drink, or smoke for 30 minutes prior to testing, as this may affect their results.
6. COVID Notice – PPE is in high demand and N95 masks may not be available for purchase with reliability. Please be prepared to bring your own NIOSH-approved N95 or a Health Canada approved KN95 to be fit tested on.