IPAC Consulting is a leading Infection Control consulting company, forging new paths in dentistry, construction, long-term care, film and TV productions and other healthcare related sectors. IPAC Consulting is rapidly growing and as such, has changing needs as growth occurs. We expect the successful candidate to be flexible, motivated to drive the company forward.
We are hiring a Medic, on a contract basis to work on film productions in Toronto, ON. This position requires no transport but allows our medical personnel to utilize their full medical scope of practice as stated in the PCS-BLS. This opportunity is an excellent way for recent paramedic graduates to practice and enhance their medical skills and gain the experience needed to be a valuable contributor to a paramedic service. While seasoned paramedics can experience a change of pace and a way to supplement their income and diversify their skills. Our medics get the opportunity to experience the limelight by working on film sets and movie shoots.
- Perform N95 mask fit testing – (training provided)
- Perform asymptomatic COVID rapid testing on film sets, industries, construction sites and other locations (training provided)
- Provide care to individuals working on film and television and handle any type of medical situation that may arise on productions
- Follows all IPAC policy and procedures, as well as event medic policy and procedures
- Undertakes inventory control of stock before and after each shift
- Reports malfunctioning or damaged equipment
- Safely meeting or exceeding response time standards, when asked to respond to an emergency call
- Preparing and submitting reports (PCR, Minor Injury Report, Incident Report) in a timely fashion.
- Is presentable & willing desire to teach
- Follows dress code for all events and courses
- Ensuring the stocking and safeguarding of vehicles, equipment, supplies and medications
- Signs equipment in/out for each assigned shift, using proper documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Ontario Community College (2-year program) or Ontario Private College (1-year program) Diploma in Emergency Health Care/Paramedicine
- EMCA/AEMCA Certification in the Province of Ontario or in progress
- Valid CPR level C / Standard First Aid / BLS
- All qualifications that meet the requirements of the Ambulance Act and related Regulations including being free from communicable diseases and having a clear criminal record
- Class G driver’s license with less than 6 demerit points or prohibition from driving under the criminal code
- Ability to meet and maintain Health requirements as set by the Ambulance Act
Physical ability to provide patient care.